Put your legitimate malpractice claim in our competent, capable care
Each healthcare provider has both a professional and legal obligation to perform duties with competence and diligence. If a doctor, nurse, or other medical professional fails to perform his or her duty to an accepted professional standard of care, and an injury results from such negligence, it may be possible to file a medical malpractice claim against the party at fault.
It is important to understand that an unfortunate outcome or medical complication does not constitute malpractice. In order to successfully pursue a malpractice claim, a great deal of investigation is necessary to determine whether the injury was caused by negligence.
Commonly referred to as medical negligence, medical malpractice includes two distinct categories:
- When a health professional fails to property treat a medical condition, and that failure results in a new or aggravating injury to the patient
- When a health professional acts in a manner that is considered unacceptable to how other health professionals in the same field would act
Some common examples of medical malpractice include:
- Failure to properly diagnose a disease or illness
- Failure to properly monitor patients in the course of a disease or illness
- Failure to properly treat and/or monitor patients with a diagnosed disease or illness
- Surgical errors, including wrong-site surgery or anesthesia errors
- Failure to fully inform patients of risks with certain procedures and surgeries
- Misuse of prescription drugs
- Improper use of medical equipment or implants
- Negligence when performing a surgical procedure
- Birth injuries or trauma
- Ignoring undesirable prescription drug reactions
Proving medical malpractice is a complex undertaking
It is critical for a victim of malpractice to choose attorneys—
- With the experience and expertise necessary to carry their case forward to trial if necessary
- Who have access to the best medical experts
- Who are thorough, ensuring that all the bases are covered
- Who are detailed, making sure that every i is dotted and every t is crossed
These are your lawyers at Friend, Levinson and Turner LTD.
At Friend, Levinson & Turner LTD, we specialize in representing clients who are seriously injured by medical malpractice or doctor negligence in Illinois. Our reputation is valuable and we guard it carefully. We thoroughly investigate each potential malpractice case to judge its legitimacy. When we take on a case, we are comfortable taking that case to trial because we know that our client is entitled to full and fair compensation as the victim of medical negligence.